Your roadblocks are opportunities to learn a big lesson
Keep in mind, it's been proven scientifically that 90% of what happens in your life is psychological, 10% of it is mechanical.
For when it seems money, time, or people keep getting in your way, use this simple trick.
This achieves a clear goal/outcome by avoiding fears, people, and frustrations that get the best of you.
Quick trick to make a roadblock into an opportunity
Pull out a post-it note, quickly ask yourself:
1. Lessons? What are 3 things I can learn from this setback, failure, or obstacle?
2. Do right now?: What are 3 things I can do right now to grow closer to my desired outcome? So I can ask myself later in the day, did I get closer to my desired outcome?
3. Visualize: Put your phone in airplane mode, close your eyes, take a breath, and visualize the joy that you already accomplished your goal for 5 mins. Celebrate that it's already done. Yes really, sometimes for inspiration to celebrate I will watch NFL players do a touch down dance after a 85-yard TD.
4. Post the note next to your computer, and quickly act on #2 and bring your visualization to life.
Rinse and repeat.
"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
"It’s okay to be discouraged. It’s not okay to quit. To know you want to quit but to plant your feet and keep inching closer until you take the impenetrable fortress you’ve decided to lay siege to in your own life—that’s persistence."
- Ryan Holiday, The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Adversity to Advantage