Part 2: Getting started and how a cold shower can jumpstart your mornings
Check out Part 1: Also see, my experience with Cold Showers after 90 days.
This is part 2 of how to get started based on my real experience with cold showers.
1. How you can start right now from the comfort of your home.
- Set the shower to cold.
- Visualize the goal you want to hit today, and say:
- If I can't do this cold shower, then how am I going to hit my _____ goal today?
- Ex. If I can't do this today, then how am I going to motivate my team today?
2. Start now: What if you started today? What would be different about your life be different?
- Set your shower to cold.
- Before you go in say:
- If i can't do this, then how could I do ________ (the big task I want to get done today).
- After you get out, say 3 small things you're grateful for. Like the electricity in your home, or how your heart beats every second of everyday without you have to do anything.
- Start your high leveraged task IMMEDIATELY. Yes, write all the tasks that you're going to do for the day, then pick the hardest and most high-leveraged one, and do it right away. You'll find it's very easy to do, and you'll get it done fast.
3. Examples of what to say to yourself before you jump in:
Before you jump in the shower say:
- Ex. If I can't do this, then I how am I going to face my conference call meeting today?
- If I can't do this cold shower, then how am I going to finish my rehab project?
- If I can't do this cold shower, then how am I going to
- What if you started today? How would you be able to face the day?
Also check out Part 1: Also see, my experience with Cold Showers after 90 days.